Date

Assigning IP Address to a switch

Vikram

Hi

Using OVSDB plugin, I am able to create a bridge and adding ports, setting controller to it etc.  Now I wanted to assign IP Address to the bridge. Is there any way in opendaylight to assign the ipAddress to a created switch?

ovs-vsctl add-br br0 -- set bridge br0 datapath_type=netdev
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 dpdk2 -- set Interface dpdk2 type=dpdk
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 dpdk3 -- set Interface dpdk3 type=dpdk
ovs-vsctl set interface dpdk2 ofport_request=1
ovs-vsctl set interface dpdk3 ofport_request=2

The above configurations are done

How to perform the below configurations using opendaylight?

ip addr add 10.10.10.221/24 dev br0

ip link set br0 up
ifconfig br0 arp

Thanks

Vikram

This email and attachments may contain privileged or confidential information intended only for the addressee(s) indicated. The sender does not waive any of its rights, privileges or protections respecting this information. If you are not the named addressee, an employee, or agent responsible for sending this message to the named addressee (or this message was received by mistake), you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If received in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, discard any paper copies and delete all electronic files of the email.

Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any transmitted viruses or errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Overture Networks, Inc. 637 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC USA 27560 www.overturenetworks.com

How can we fix multiple masters issue better for openflowplugin?

Yang, Yi Y <yi.y.yang@...>

Hi, All

Maybe some of you know several projects in ODL have implemented their own openflow writers for programming openflow rules, the end part of the mail are some info I collected. My question is how they work together if we install all of them? Every writer will create table 0, can it work normally? How can we fix it if not? The most important issue is they are duplicating efforts, what if we can provide a good middle layer in openflowplugin or in a separate project in order that all the operations are synchronized and coordinated? I kick off this discussion here is to let all the developers discuss it in open mind.

I think we can consolidate these unnecessary duplicate efforts into a separate project or part of openflowplugin, it is very necessary to provide only one entry to program openflow tables and rules, these operations must be efficiently synchronized and managed and coordinated, the direct benefits are as below:

1.       Fix table conflict

2.       Reduce number of tables: all the user scenarios have ingress and egress tables although they have different names or purposes

3.       Fix multiple master/writer synchronization

4.       Provide high level APIs for simplifying use for consumers

5.       Optimization will be visible for all the users (APIs consumers)

6.       Openflowplugin evolution or update will be invisible for all the users (API consumers)

7.       You can list more items here if you can imagine J

Welcome your great ideas and look forward to seeing we can bear fruit.

GBP

====

Table 0: Port Security, Ingress

Table 1: Ingress NAT Mapper

Table 2: Source Mapper

Table 3: Destination Mapper

Table 4: Policy Enforcer

Table 5: Egress NAT Mapper

Table 6: External Mapper

SFC

===

Table 0, Transport Ingress

Table 1, Path Mapper

Table 2, Next Hop

Table 10, Transport Egress

OVSDB Netvirt

==============

Table 0: Classifier

Table 10: Director

Table 20: Distributed ARP Responder

Table 30: DNAT for inbound floating-ip traffic

Table 40: Egress Acces-control

Table 50: Distributed LBaaS

Table 60: Distributed Virtual Routing (DVR)

Table 70: Layer 3 forwarding/lookup service

Table 80: Layer2 rewrite service

Table 90: Ingress Acces-control

Table 100: SNAT for traffic accessing external network

Table 110: Layer2 mac,vlan based forwarding

Re: mdsal clustering

Sam Hague

Michal,

the design for clustering is very early and just drawing up how it will look so there isn't much detail. That should firm up over the next couple weeks.

Using a LB in front of ODL, I would suspect just won't work well. The main issue is that the OVSDB node will eventually connect to a single ODL node and there is no sharing of information between the ODL nodes. The ODL southbound is mdsal aware but nothing behind it to share data has been worked out. The neutron side has the same issue. So it just won't work the way you'd expect. If the OVSDB node connects to a different ODL in the cluster then that will likely just be viewed as a new connection and the process starts all over.

Thanks, Sam

 Author: Mohnish Anumala <Mohnish_Anumala@...>
 Date: Tue Jun 9 11:07:50 2015 -0700
 10 files changed, 634 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 routemgr/pom.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-api/pom.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-features/pom.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-features/src/main/features/features.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-impl/pom.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-impl/src/main/config/default-config.xml
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-impl/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/yang/gen/v1/urn/opendaylight/params/xml/ns/yang/routemgr/impl/rev141210/RoutemgrImplModule.java
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-impl/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/yang/gen/v1/urn/opendaylight/params/xml/ns/yang/routemgr/impl/rev141210/RoutemgrImplModuleFactory.java
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-impl/src/main/yang/routemgr-impl.yang
 create mode 100644 routemgr/routemgr-karaf/pom.xml
[Flavios-MacBook-Pro:ovsdb.git] (topic/routermanager)$
[Flavios-MacBook-Pro:ovsdb.git] (topic/routermanager)$
[Flavios-MacBook-Pro:ovsdb.git] (topic/routermanager)$ git status
On branch topic/routermanager
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/topic/routermanager' by 1 commit.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
nothing to commit, working directory clean
[Flavios-MacBook-Pro:ovsdb.git] (topic/routermanager)$ git push origin HEAD:refs/for/topic/routermanager
Counting objects: 39, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (17/17), done.
Writing objects: 100% (39/39), 7.93 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 39 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (4/4)
remote: Processing changes: new: 1, refs: 1, done
remote:
remote: New Changes:
remote:
 * [new branch]      HEAD -> refs/for/topic/routermanager
[Flavios-MacBook-Pro:ovsdb.git] (topic/routermanager)$

[3]: git push origin HEAD:refs/for/topic/routermanager

Pre-announcement of pending NN YANG model revision

Ryan Moats <rmoats@...>

Sometime during the week of 7/19, the NN YANG models will be reved from rev141002 to a new rev for initial Beryllium work.

This mail is being sent as the initial "heads up" of this pending change as this merge will likely break projects that are relying on the old models...

There will be additional notices as the NN project works through applying the patches stream that culminates in the revision change.

Thanks,
Ryan Moats

NN PTL

VxLAN system test

Luis Gomez

Hi Chaudhry,

I finally verified test case 2) "Use OF1.3 tunnel-id match and action to read VxLAN incoming packet tunnel-id and write VxLAN outgoing packet tunnel-id":

First you need to specify in the vxlan TP configuration tunnel-id will be set by openflow, for that just use a body like this example:

{
  "network-topology:termination-point": [
    {
  "ovsdb:options": [
    {
                  "ovsdb:option": "remote_ip",
                  "ovsdb:value" : "192.168.0.10"
    },
    {
                  "ovsdb:option": "key",
                  "ovsdb:value" : "flow"
    }
  ],
          "ovsdb:interface-type": "ovsdb:interface-type-vxlan",
  "ovsdb:name": "vxlanport",
  "tp-id": "vxlanport",
  "ofport": 2
}
    ]
}

Second you can use the following flow bodies to send traffic from/to the tunnel:

From VxLAN tunnel-id 2 to port 1:

<flow xmlns="urn:opendaylight:flow:inventory">
    <priority>2</priority>
    <flow-name>flow1</flow-name>
    <match>
        <tunnel>
            <tunnel-id>2</tunnel-id>
        </tunnel>
        <in-port>openflow:1:2</in-port>
    </match>
    <id>1</id>
    <table_id>0</table_id>
    <instructions>
        <instruction>
            <order>0</order>
            <apply-actions>
                <action>
                    <order>0</order>
                    <output-action>
                        <output-node-connector>1</output-node-connector>
                    </output-action>
                </action>
            </apply-actions>
        </instruction>
    </instructions>
</flow>

From port 1 to VxLAN tunnel-id 2:

<flow xmlns="urn:opendaylight:flow:inventory">
    <hard-timeout>0</hard-timeout>
    <idle-timeout>0</idle-timeout>
    <priority>2</priority>
    <flow-name>flow2</flow-name>
    <match>
        <in-port>openflow:1:1</in-port>
    </match>
    <id>2</id>
    <table_id>0</table_id>
    <instructions>
        <instruction>
            <order>0</order>
            <apply-actions>
                <action>
                    <order>0</order>
                    <set-field>
                        <tunnel>
                            <tunnel-id>2</tunnel-id>
                        </tunnel>
                    </set-field>
                </action>
                <action>
                    <order>2</order>
                    <output-action>
                        <output-node-connector>2</output-node-connector>
                    </output-action>
                </action>
            </apply-actions>
        </instruction>
    </instructions>
</flow>

Please work on a system test for this while I verify the next test case 3) "Use OF Nicira extensions to match VxLAN incoming packet tunnel-src and tunnel-id and write VxLAN outgoing packet tunnel-id and tunnel-dst"

BR/Luis

On Jul 5, 2015, at 8:14 PM, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:

So here is my idea for vxlan testing:

- We bring 2 mininet (OVS) VMs
- We start a modified version of mininet that creates 1 switch + 1 host per VM
- We setup VxLAN tunnel using OVSDB REST API

And now 3 use cases to redirect traffic from/to the tunnel:

1) Use a regular OpenFlow port match and action to direct traffic from/to the VxLAN tunnel
2) Use OF1.3 tunnel-id match and action to read VxLAN incoming packet tunnel-id and write VxLAN outgoing packet tunnel-id
3) Use OF Nicira extensions to match VxLAN incoming packet tunnel-src and tunnel-id and write VxLAN outgoing packet tunnel-id and tunnel-dst

- Finally a ping from host to host will verify the VxLAN transport

I will be sending examples of 2) and 3) very shortly (1 is very straight forward).

BR/Luis

On Jul 2, 2015, at 12:15 AM, Chaudhry usama <chaudhryusama@...> wrote:

Yes Ravi, Luis will be back from PTO on 6th of July and sure we will let you know. Thanks

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Kenchappa, Ravindra <ravindra.kenchappa@...> wrote:

Hi  Chaudhry / Luis,

Thanks.  Is Luis will be on PTO for the whole week?

I am also working with Aswin on SecurityGroups  implementation and hardware l2 gateway design for Be release.   So anytime if you guys want us to work on any automation test case development please let us know.

Thanks,

Ravi

From: "Natarajan Dhiraviam" <Natarajan_Dhiraviam@...>