Date
[release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention packetcable-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable in build
553. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/553

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/553/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

[release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention packetcable-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable in build
327. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/327

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/327/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] [release] Autorelease carbon failed to build packetcable-policy-karaf from packetcable

Stephen Kitt <skitt@...>

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 23:33:37 -0400
Thanh Ha <@zxiiro> wrote:
As far as I can tell anything that is a feature has one of these
directories and they are always the largest directory in every
project. I guess next steps would be to remove these directories
after grabbing the log? Where does this need to be done?
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/70415

Regards,

Stephen

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 6:55 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 05/04/18 11:26, Stephen Kitt wrote:
>>> autorelease-release-carbon/552/_sys-info.log.gz

>>> This might be related to https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/69529
>>> — we keep Pax Exam runtime trees so we can extract the Karaf logs...
>>
>> I see we may only be copying the karaf logs and not runtime generated
>> files, while these logs are preserved into `$WORKSPACE/archives` and
>> published into log server.
>> It would be good to remove Pax runtime trees/files after the logs are
>> copied.
>
> I don’t think that would be sufficient. We’d really need to move the
> Karaf logs out of the way and delete Pax runtime trees during the
> build.

Or perhaps have SFT configure karaf to log outside of the pax tree and
not keep it?

Okay I think this confirms the culprit. I used ncdu on a running build system after only 3 hrs of a carbon build and can confirm it's the pax stuff that's taking all the disk.

Here's a small snippet of 3 pax directories for controller, alto, and mdsal:

controller/target/pax
    2.4 GiB [##########] /pax

alto/target/pax
    4.4 GiB [##########] /pax

mdsal/target/pax
    3.1 GiB [##########] /pax

As far as I can tell anything that is a feature has one of these directories and they are always the largest directory in every project. I guess next steps would be to remove these directories after grabbing the log? Where does this need to be done?

Regards,
Thanh

[release] Autorelease carbon failed to build packetcable-policy-karaf from packetcable

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention packetcable-devs,

Autorelease carbon failed to build packetcable-policy-karaf from packetcable in build
559. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-carbon/559

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-carbon/559/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] Autorelease carbon failed to build packetcable-policy-karaf from packetcable

Robert Varga <nite@...>

On 05/04/18 11:26, Stephen Kitt wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 19:16:08 +1000
Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
According to
[...]

According to

Anil Belur <abelur@...>

> According to
> https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-carbon/552/_sys-info.log.gz
>
> we are maxing out the 150 GB disk. Did something change recently that
> is causing significantly more logging to take place?

This might be related to https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/69529 — we
keep Pax Exam runtime trees so we can extract the Karaf logs...

I see we may only be copying the karaf logs and not runtime generated files, while these logs are preserved into `$WORKSPACE/archives` and published into log server.
It would be good to remove Pax runtime trees/files after the logs are copied.

Re: [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] [release] Autorelease carbon failed to build packetcable-policy-karaf from packetcable

Stephen Kitt <skitt@...>

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:42:12 -0400
Thanh Ha <@zxiiro> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/03/18 09:31, Jenkins wrote:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:3.0.1:instance-create-archive
(package) on project packetcable-policy-karaf: Could not archive
plugin: Problem creating zip: No space left on device -> [Help 1]

Infra issue?
Huh really?

We allocate 150 GB for autorelease builds:

https://github.com/opendaylight/releng-builder/blob/master/jenkins-config/clouds/openstack/odlvex/centos7-autorelease-4c-16g.cfg

which we increased from 80 GB for Oxygen. I'm surprised if we suddenly
jumped to over 150 GB of disk for building autorelease....

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-carbon/552/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

[release] Autorelease nitrogen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention packetcable-devs,

Autorelease nitrogen failed to build packetcable-policy-server from packetcable in build
372. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-nitrogen/372

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-nitrogen/372/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Broken Packetcable CSIT since 10/17

Kevin Kershaw <K.Kershaw@...>

Hi –

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the Packetcable CSIT jobs have been failing in Jenkins since October 17 – when all of our CSIT tests began failing.  The failure occurs across Carbon, Nitrogen, & Oxygen releases.  The log message that’s associated with the failure is:

19:25:35 Parent suite setup failed:

19:25:35 No keyword with name 'BuildIn.Set Suite Variable' found. Did you mean:

19:25:35     BuiltIn.Set Suite Variable

19:25:35     BuiltIn.Set Test Variable

In the autorelease-carbon job, there’s a failure that looks related with this set of log entries:

04:58:30 [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
04:58:30 [ERROR]
04:58:30 [ERROR]   The project org.opendaylight.packetcable:packetcable:1.5.3 (/w/workspace/packetcable-validate-autorelease-carbon/packetcable/pom.xml) has 1 error
04:58:30 [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for org.opendaylight.packetcable:packetcable:1.5.3: Could not find artifact org.opendaylight.odlparent:odlparent:pom:1.8.3 in opendaylight-mirror (https://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/public/) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 5, column 13 -> [Help 2]
04:58:30 [ERROR]
04:58:30 [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
04:58:30 [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
04:58:30 [ERROR]
04:58:30 [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
04:58:30 [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
04:58:30 [ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
04:58:30 Build step 'Invoke top-level Maven targets' marked build as failure

A change was applied by the jenkins-releng team (Anil Belur) on the 17th that looks implicated.  Change:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/64364  has this description:  “Bump versions by x.y.(z+1)”

There were build failures on this change/patch but it looks like the change was merged anyway.

One thing that looks fishy is that the updated pom files are referencing component versions in Nexus that are not there (for example, odlparent 1.8.3 or Packetcable 1.5.3).

Can someone help me identify the problem and get our CSIT back on track?

Thanks,

Kevin Kershaw

CableLabs

Re: [release] Oxygen M1 Status Reminder

Kit Lou <klou.external@...>

Hello Kevin & Packetcable Project Team,

Thanks for the email!  Could you please put the contents into a rst file (packetcable.rst) under docs/release-process/milestone-readouts/m1 and submit a gerrit patch?

If you have problems doing that, please let me know and I can do that for you.

Best Regards,
Kit Lou

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Kevin Kershaw <K.Kershaw@...> wrote:

Hello Kit & ODL teams.

My apologies for sending this late but here is the M1 Status readout for the Packetcable Project:

Best regards,

Kevin Kershaw

CableLabs

1. Project PTL:

   - Steve Pisarski

   - email: s.pisarski@...

   - IRC handle: N/A

   - I have reviewed the PTL Requirements - Yes

2. Project Contact:

   - Kevin Kershaw

   - email: k.kershaw@...

   - IRC handle: N/A

3. Test Contact:

   - Kevin Kershaw

   - k.kershaw@...

   - IRC handle - N/A

4. Documentation Contact

   - Kevin Kershaw

   - email: k.kershaw@...

   - IRC handle: N/A

5. Does your project have any updates on any previously-incomplete items from

   prior milestone readouts?

   - No.  No previously-incomplete items.

6. Were project-specific deliverables planned for this milestone delivered

   successfully?

   No planned deliverables

7. Does your project have any special needs in CI Infrastructure [2]_? No

8. Is your project release plan finalized?  Yes

   - Link to final release plan wiki page –

        https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/PacketCablePCMM:Release_Plan_Oxygen

9. Do you have all APIs intended to be externally consumable listed? Yes

   - Does each API have a useful short name? Yes

   - Are the Java interface and/or YANG files listed for each API? Yes

   - Are they labeled as tentative, provisional, or stable as appropriate for

     each API? Yes

   - Do you call out the OSGi bundles and/or Karaf features providing the API

     for each API? Yes

10. Have all project dependencies requests on other projects' release plans

    been acknowledged and documented by upstream projects?

   No special dependency requests for Packetcable Oxygen.

11. Will your project have top-level features not requiring system test?

    No

12. Will your project use the OpenDaylight CI infrastructure for testing

    top-level features requiring system test?  Yes