[controller-dev] Netconf & AAA Jersey and JAX-RS upgrade

Ryan Goulding ryandgoulding at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:24:07 UTC 2015

Hi developers,

I am working with the Netconf and AAA teams to perform a Jersey and JAX-RS
upgrade, which will help close several bugs in both projects.  The weather
report can be found here [1].  These changes could affect several projects
that utilize the odl-restconf feature.
Thus far, I have ensured that autorelease builds against my two patches
without tests.  However, this doesn't necessarily ensure that these patches
will not affect your project.  I am now working on building with tests, but
I am slowed by failing autorelease (unit test failures).
I am reaching out with you to ask for help with testing against the patches
for this work:

netconf: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/27397/
aaa: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/27584/

The way you can test this is by pulling autorelease, building the two
patches, then building your project and testing.  For example:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/releng/autorelease
> cd autorelease/netconf
> git fetch ssh://rgoulding@git.opendaylight.org:29418/netconf
refs/changes/97/27397/19 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> mvn clean install -DskipTests
> cd ../aaa
> git fetch ssh://rgoulding@git.opendaylight.org:29418/aaa
refs/changes/84/27584/7 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> mvn clean install -DskipTests
> cd ..
> cd {your_project_name}
> mvn clean install
> #Run some basic sanity against your features that consume restconf by hand

The tentative plan is to merge these patches in a week, depending on what
we discover with further downstream project builds. I would appreciate if
you could take a few minutes to test these changes against your project.
Any help and feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! This is a big
change and a community effort;  I will certainly do all I can to help any
consuming project prepare for this change.  Feel free to reach out to me
with any questions you may have concerning these changes.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Goulding

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#Jersey_.26_JAX-RS_Upgrade