[genius-dev] Removal of genius DataStoreJobCoordinator (use infrautils JobCoordinator)

Michael Vorburger vorburger at redhat.com
Wed Nov 29 16:52:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

heads up: Thanks to the great work from Tom Pantelis, we are about to
finally really remove the long ago @deprecated DataStoreJobCoordinator
utility in genius - as you all know, its reincarnation as JobCoordinator in
infrautils is what we use instead now.

All known current existing usages of DataStoreJobCoordinator in genius and
netvirt have now been removed on master, and I've just done a grep in
autorelease and found no other projects using it. Therefore, I'll propose
to ASAP merge Tom's https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/66064/ in
tomorrow's genius weekly meeting.

Any pending in-flight open Gerrits for master in genius and netvirt which
for some reason thought they could still use the DataStoreJobCoordinator
instead of the JobCoordinator would get broken by this, of course; they
would have to adapt.

If anyone has any objections to removing the DataStoreJobCoordinator, right
about now would be a great time for you to speak up and let us know if we
are missing any impact of this we've forgotten about.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat