[integration-dev] [controller-users] inconsistent status code on GET @ /restconf/operational/opendaylight-inventory:nodes/

Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) ttkacik at cisco.com
Wed Oct 29 08:03:25 UTC 2014

Hi this seems as enhancement for Lithium,
Where we could add support for presence statements - that means
Any "empty" container without presense statement will be not visible.

Quick fix for your problem is for some app to create /nodes during startup.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: controller-users-bounces at lists.opendaylight.org [mailto:controller-users-bounces at lists.opendaylight.org] On Behalf Of Luhrsen, Jamo
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:25 PM
To: controller-dev at lists.opendaylight.org; controller-users at lists.opendaylight.org; integration-dev at lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: [controller-users] inconsistent status code on GET @ /restconf/operational/opendaylight-inventory:nodes/

Hi,

I've noticed when using the feature set found in the integration groups deploy for "karaf-compatible-min" the status code I get back from the operational store @ opendaylight-inventory:nodes is a 404 (not found) after starting the controller.

However, if I run an openflow test (a switch is connected and disconnected) the same rest call will give me an empty set with a response code of 200.

>From a users perspective, the controller is in the same state for both situations (running but without any dataplane
connected) but the REST response is different.

Is there a reason for this 404, or can we avoid that?

Thanks,
JamO