[integration-dev] showOvsdbMdsal.py tool available

Flavio Fernandes ffernand at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 20:42:28 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

After getting cross eyed from staring at postman outputs [1] to debug ovsdb net-virt, I decided to write
a tool to dump mdsal info related to ovsdb and its netvirt (including high level flows). I placed this tool
in the ‘resources’ dir in the ovsdb project [2]. Gerrit is here [3].

With that, we can narrow into that is available in either config or operational trees. Usage is below [5].
See [4] for an example output.

Hope this is useful to folks playing with ovsdb netvirt.

Best,

— flavio

[1]: https://github.com/opendaylight/ovsdb/tree/master/resources/commons <https://github.com/opendaylight/ovsdb/tree/master/resources/commons>  <— look for postman

[2]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/opendaylight/ovsdb/master/resources/commons/showOvsdbMdsal.py <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/opendaylight/ovsdb/master/resources/commons/showOvsdbMdsal.py>

[3]: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/23983/ <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/23983/>

[4]: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/3a952cec49ef92461752/raw/7abfedcd7790acc5b5cef07a2c08da0405f303c6/gistify465337.txt <https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/3a952cec49ef92461752/raw/7abfedcd7790acc5b5cef07a2c08da0405f303c6/gistify465337.txt>

[5]:

    Add showOvsdbMdsal.py tool

    This tool can provide useful info in regards to ovsdb's mdsal structures.
    It looks at the operational or config trees in mdsal, depending on the
    parameter '--config':

    $ ./showOvsdbMdsal.py -h
    Usage: showOvsdbMdsal.py [options]

      --version             show program's version number and exit
      -h, --help            show this help message and exit
      -d, --debug           Verbosity. Can be provided multiple times for more
                            debug.
      -n, --noalias         Do not map nodeId of bridges to an alias
      -i ODLIP, --ip=ODLIP  opendaylights ip address
      -t ODLPORT, --port=ODLPORT
                            opendaylights listening tcp port on restconf
                            northbound
      -u ODLUSERNAME, --user=ODLUSERNAME
                            opendaylight restconf username
      -p ODLPASSWORD, --password=ODLPASSWORD
                            opendaylight restconf password
      -c, --config          parse mdsal restconf config tree instead of
                            operational tree
      -f, --hide-flows      hide flows