[release] Distribution size issue

Robert Varga nite at hq.sk
Wed Jul 13 16:32:23 UTC 2016

On 07/12/2016 05:23 AM, Luis Gomez wrote:
> Is there anything we can do to address this?

So I do not know what caused the growth, but looking at output of:

user at work : ~/odl/distribution/distribution-karaf on master $ mvn
dependency:tree

the distribution is one sorry mess, and it is not just one project. What
we can do are actually multiple things:

1) snmp4sdn can stop pulling in AD-SAL components from previous
releases, two versions of Spring Framework plus the entire pre-karaf
container

2) lispflowmapping would do some good if it did not pull jmock via its
unittest-tools

3) nemo could use a more modern version of netty than 3.2.6

4) alto and tsdr can agree on a common version of jetty

5) capwap can start using odl-netty instead of requiring netty-all

6) usc can stop pulling in akka-testkit

7) gbp can stop pulling in long-dead controller's third-party jersey

8) sfc could take a look if they really need jersey containers for their
sfc-vnfm-tracker

9) tsdr can try to not pull the 13MiB jruby-all for hbase client

These are relatively simple and would go a long way towards reducing the
distro.

Bye,