[release] Pom structure

Alexis de Talhouët adetalhouet at inocybe.com
Tue May 10 14:15:14 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

I wanted to start a thread on the best practice for pom structure.
I came up with this wiki page [0] based on the maven-archetype.

I’m starting this thread because I went through many projects lately
and noticed that a lot of them are not using the benefit an appropriate
parent could offer.
Also, I believe using the right parent could help centralize version management,
as parents would provide the version, and children would just consume it.
Wondering if this could help for the semantic versioning as well.

Thanks,
Alexis

[0]: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/CrossProject:HouseKeeping_Best_Practices_Group:Project_layout <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/CrossProject:HouseKeeping_Best_Practices_Group:Project_layout>