[release] [integration-dev] distribution test failing for ovsdb project

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) vrpolak at cisco.com
Wed Sep 28 18:43:05 UTC 2016

> I feel the solution exists

Took a while to debug, but here it is:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/46258

Vratko.

From: release-bounces at lists.opendaylight.org [mailto:release-bounces at lists.opendaylight.org] On Behalf Of Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
Sent: 3 August, 2016 20:44
To: Luis Gomez <ecelgp at gmail.com>; An Ho <An.Ho at huawei.com>
Cc: integration-dev at lists.opendaylight.org; Sdninterfaceapp-dev at lists.opendaylight.org; release at lists.opendaylight.org; ovsdb-dev at lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: Re: [release] [integration-dev] distribution test failing for ovsdb project

> removed dependency in pom.xml

I have added a comment there [0].

> I am still unsure how the distribution-check passed on it

This is the real issue here.

The idea of distribution-check (the old-style one)
was precisely to expose this kind of error.

But now we have new-style (check before uploading to Nexus),
and it is blind the same way as SingleFeatureTest is,
as long as it shares local Maven repository:

Distribution-check has two phases, project build and distribution build.
Currently, during distribution build, the used local repository
is the same as the one used during project build (/tmp/r).
The missing dependency was built, so it is there
and odl-integration-all SingleFeatureTest sees it and test passes.
The {project} SingleFeatureTest passes for the same reason.

We have switched to new-style to prevent
uploading to Nexus before check passes.
But we need a distinguish between local repository
and "remote" repository (even if it is file://<file:///>).
The "remote" should contain only the newly-built artifacts
for {project} and the Nexus artifacts for other projects.

I feel the solution exists, but I am running out of time.
To be continued.

Vratko.

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/42970/1/features/pom.xml@a84