[sfc-dev] Why does feature odl-sfc-provider depend on odl-l2switch-hosttracker?

Keith Burns alagalah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:55:42 UTC 2015

Host tracker/l2switch seems like overkill for notifications we can get from
ovsdb sb/inventory for the openflow use case.

When was this introduced? When we re-wrote SFCOVS to use ovsdb sb I don't
believe we used any of l2switch or hosttracker for SF-Sff port
notifications?

I'd like to propose a state machine I've been working on to the SFC
community in the team meeting tomorrow that may help address this and other
issues.