[sfc-dev] SFC weekly meeting, Meeting minutes, January 22, 2015

Brady Allen Johnson brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com
Thu Jan 22 18:56:13 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

Here are the minutes of meeting for today's meeting, January 22, 2015:

To preface the following items, Ed Warnicke pointed out the difference between local and karaf distributions as follows:

-        A local karaf distribution is what you get in a particular project when pulling the code from git, and is used for dev purposes.

-        An integration karaf distribution is what is released for an ODL release

In the items below, we're only talking about local karaf distros.

1.      Regarding bootstrapping OVSDB into the SFC Local karaf

a.      Considering bringing it in would also bring in all of AD-SAL, which is known to have performance and stability issues, we decided to hold off on bringing OVSDB in for now. May revisit later when OVSDB uses only MD-SAL

b.      We'll document how to bootstrap OVSDB into SFC local karaf manually, if somebody want it

2.      Regarding bootstrapping sfcofl2 into the SFC Local karaf

a.      We need to check that it wont conflict with any other providers, I don't think it should

b.      We will need to also bring in the openflow plugin, and it will be pulled in with sfcofl2, not pulled in automatically by itself

c.      I will prepare a patch for this, first thing in the morning January 23 CEST

Regards,

Brady