[sfc-dev] NIC & SFC interaction

Mentze, Duane duane.mentze at hp.com
Mon Mar 2 19:01:10 UTC 2015

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for reaching out to the nic team and raising NIC and SFC interaction questions.

Would it be possible to schedule an online meeting to discuss nic-sfc interactions and the multi-app slide?

Also here are my responses to your questions:

-slide 40 is an overview slide and it  mostly shows blocks – many arrows are not shown
-the slides show SFC returning service function paths (SFP)
  -in general SFC needs to return enough information to the PPE (portable policy engine) so the CodeGeneration can realize the SFP
-the mapping from an SFP to an exact path through the network happens in PPE/CodeGen

Please let me know if you want to schedule a time for an online discussion.

Regards,

Duane