[sfc-dev] The required Changes on GBP side for SFC integration

Yang, Yi Y yi.y.yang at intel.com
Tue Mar 10 14:28:19 UTC 2015

Hi, all

As you knew, we have done some work for SFC + GBP integration, this wiki page https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Service_Function_Chaining:Group_Based_Policy_Integration tracked the changes. Now we need to do some work on GBP side, two necessary things are:

#1. Add a new action "chain".
#2. Enhance GBP policy semantics to support SFC policy, SFC policy looks like "ID: DPI->FW->LB, rate", ID is an identifier for a specific flow, rate is used to limit bandwidth.

I'm not sure anybody is working on them. I know Thomas Bachman did SFC Manager as a start point, Reinaldo Penno added SFC API calls. I believe we need to do much more on GBP side. I look forward to seeing ideas from GBP experts here, I can start doing them if nobody is doing them, but obviously GBP experts' input is very important, I'm a newbie for GBP.