[sfc-dev] [groupbasedpolicy-dev] The required Changes on GBP side for SFC integration

Keith Burns alagalah at noironetworks.com
Tue Mar 10 16:01:05 UTC 2015

Yi,

I know Reinaldo and Thomas have already done a lot of work already on the
GBP side, but I know they would love some help.

For GBP we are tracking this on Trello
https://trello.com/c/yPGqrAUV/90-sfc-integration and we give an update in
our team meeting each week
(see https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Group_Policy:Sub-Groups:STATUS for
meeting minutes).

There's actually quite a bit to getting even the basic "Chain:Foo" action
going in terms of conflict avoidance, avoiding dot-product flow explosion
etc that Thomas is working on.

As for the scope for Li POC, at this stage, we have committed to doing
"chain:foo" i.e. asking for chain by name.

I think if you wanted to address #2, it would be great to touch base with
them on how this may be achieved.

We would need to discuss "rate" .. I think we are overloading the CHAIN
action. Rate limiting in GBP should be a separate action, as remember, the
resolution process is "ALL CLASSIFIERS MUST BE TRUE (logical AND) AND
ACTIONS APPLIED IN ORDER" ... rate limiting would be one of those
actions.... from a high level.

Perhaps a meeting would be in order before either SFC or GBPs team
meeting....