[sfc-dev] Weekly SFC meeting May 28, Minutes of Meeting

Brady Allen Johnson brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com
Thu May 28 16:36:59 UTC 2015

Here are the minutes from today's (May 28, 2015) meeting:

Im trying to bump the versions on master, but am running into problems.
Hopefully I'll have it ready for tomorrow. Here's the patch:

     https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/20735

We need to start tracking the open SFC Bugs. Currently there 18 open bugs:

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=31927&order=Importance&product=sfc&query_format=specific

Several of these bugs have been open for a long time, we need to go
through these and verify which can be closed. Lets start doing a
Bugscrub in next week's weekly meeting.

Reinaldo suggested we start a contributor mentorship program in SFC.
- currently new SFC contributors dont have an easy way to get into the
project
- we should assign an active committer for new contributors (this is how
we did it in Apache)
- an excellent place to start would be to review open bugs and test them
- Reinaldo will send an email to the list with his ideas

Preparing for Beryllium:
- Although its still a bit premature, it would be good if everybody
started thinking about what they want to develop in Beryllium
-- start sending your ideas to the list, and once we start closing
Lithium, we can start discussing this in the weekly meetings
- Im going to start drafting some new ways of working for Beryllium

Andrej Kincel has left Pantheon and will not be active in SFC, at least
in the short term. I want to take this opportunity to thank Andrej for
his excellent contributions to the project. Its been great working with
you, and I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Brady