[sfc-dev] Plans/Direction for NSH proxy support

Keith Burns alagalah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:49:27 UTC 2015

Hi Rukshana (long time no talk :) )

- Brady has some code I believe converts NSH -> DSCP. Not sure if the SF is
then "aware" of how to re-interpret the DSCP.
- Intel has presented a solution using DPDK they have coined as "IPLess
VNF"

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lW3CEROSmGEGT7M5mmHNhgoW-6liix8imnijGEP-zmw/edit?usp=sharing
- There is an existing PythonAgent/Client in the SFC project that can
act as an SFF and SF. We were planning on separating this
functionality out into discrete SFF and SF functionality and use the
SF functionality to potentially act as an "SF NSH Proxy". We have been
waiting for our Python resource to get free to scope that, but failing
that, it's "on the list"
- We have had *some* discussions around how this may look by mapping
NSH aware flows to VLANs but this hasn't had much traction, I would
guess, due to not having a VLAN-aware SF handy to test against.

Do you and Prasad have any thoughts?