[sfc-dev] ODL Log Message while configuring the SFC

Brady Allen Johnson brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com
Mon Jun 12 07:07:59 UTC 2017

Dhevendran,

I have several answers from your internal discussions with Manuel.

First of all, while using option 7 of the vnfmgr python script, you can ignore the messages related to "[RestConf-SFselect-HttpPut.json] does not exist". SFC uses SF selection algorithms when multiple SFs of the same type exist when creating a chain, and this REST json file selects which algorithm to use. But, if you dont manually specify it via REST, internally the random algorithm will be chosen by default.

Regarding your question about the SF "rest-uri", that's an optional configuration that can be removed. There is a legacy SFC script called sfc-agent that received ODL southbound REST SFC configuration. The sfc-agent is no longer used.

I see from your SF JSON that there are some deprecated fields in the configuration with respect to the latest version of ODL, such as the "nsh-aware" which has been moved to the SF-type model. I'll submit a patch now to the OPNFV SFC repo to update the config to the latest version of ODL, namely Carbon.

Also, if you clone the ODL SFC repo, there are postman SFC examples that are updated to the latest in <sfc-repo>/resources/configuration-examples.

I hope I covered all of your issues for now, but please let me know if you need any more help.

Regards,

Brady