[sfc-dev] ODL Log Message while configuring the SFC

Dhevendran K dhevendran.k at tcs.com
Mon Jun 12 08:23:35 UTC 2017

Hi Brady

Thanks for your answer.  Let me try out these examples and get back to you

With Best Regards
Dhevendran Kulandaivel
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Cell:- +919845439011
Mailto: dhevendran.k at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting

From:   Brady Allen Johnson <brady.allen.johnson at ericsson.com>
To:     Dhevendran K <dhevendran.k at tcs.com>,
"sfc-dev at lists.opendaylight.org" <sfc-dev at lists.opendaylight.org>
Date:   06/12/2017 12:38 PM
Subject:        Re: [sfc-dev] ODL Log Message while configuring the SFC

Dhevendran,

I have several answers from your internal discussions with Manuel.

First of all, while using option 7 of the vnfmgr python script, you can
ignore the messages related to "[RestConf-SFselect-HttpPut.json] does not
exist". SFC uses SF selection algorithms when multiple SFs of the same
type exist when creating a chain, and this REST json file selects which
algorithm to use. But, if you dont manually specify it via REST,
internally the random algorithm will be chosen by default.

Regarding your question about the SF "rest-uri", that's an optional
configuration that can be removed. There is a legacy SFC script called
sfc-agent that received ODL southbound REST SFC configuration. The
sfc-agent is no longer used.

I see from your SF JSON that there are some deprecated fields in the
configuration with respect to the latest version of ODL, such as the
"nsh-aware" which has been moved to the SF-type model. I'll submit a patch
now to the OPNFV SFC repo to update the config to the latest version of
ODL, namely Carbon.

Also, if you clone the ODL SFC repo, there are postman SFC examples that
are updated to the latest in <sfc-repo>/resources/configuration-examples.

I hope I covered all of your issues for now, but please let me know if you
need any more help.

Regards,

Brady