[sfc-dev] [Newsletter] Re: Oxygen SFC features

Miguel Angel Muñoz magonzalez at fortinet.com
Tue Oct 10 15:42:34 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

  not sure if I could get some time to support it (to be honest it will
be very difficult) but anyway I'd like to leave the proposal here (after
all I think it was somehow planned some months ago):

"Support to have multiple instances of the same Service Function,
allowing each SF to grow in number of instances without modifying the
chain itself"

I guess this is not implemented yet. Wondering if it could be useful to
some more people or companies.

BR,
Miguel Ángel.

On 10/10/17 16:20, Manuel Buil wrote:
> Hello Brady,
>
> Something which would be cool to have is support for the new OVS 2.8
> with the native NSH support. I think Yi Yang was already looking into
> that, or?
>
> Regards,
> Manuel
>
> On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 18:54 +0000, Brady Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I added a preliminary SFC Oxygen Release plan [0], listing the
>> features I would like to work on in this release.
>>
>> If you have something you would like to see in SFC for Oxygen, and if
>> you are able to actually work on the feature, reply to this thread
>> with your ideas. We can discuss these in the next SFC weekly meeting.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Brady
>>
>> [0]
>> https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Service_Function_Chaining:Oxygen_Release_Plan

***  Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed. Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fortinet, Inc., its affiliates, and emails are not binding on Fortinet and only a writing manually signed by Fortinet's General Counsel can be a binding commitment of Fortinet to Fortinet's customers or partners. Thank you. ***