[OpenDaylight TSC] [Vote] Oxygen Release Plan ready forreview/approval

Abhijit Kumbhare abhijitkoss at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 00:34:38 UTC 2017

Given where we are in the release (especially due to the shorter Nitrogen
release which did not quite complete on time) while at the same time trying
to move to the predictable calendar based releases - my suggestion is we
should combine M1 & M2 and let that be at the dates of M2. Reason is the
most significant deliverable for projects at M1 is the release plan not
much else. I am not sure how much projects have hashed out their release
plans for Oxygen to have quality release plans before M1 dates (as early as
Oct 7 for kernel projects). The world will not end if the release plans are
not ready by M1 - but if the release plan ends to be bogus it is of not
much use to have it ready by M1 and not helpful to either the contributors
or consumers of ODL.